Whether you’re building a new home or thinking about updating your current space, it’s important to consider your bathrooms. Style and functionality are both ideals for any residential bathroom, and we’ve got the bathroom trends to look out for in 2020 that can give you both.
8 Bathroom Trends
- Diverse Tile Textures: Instead of sticking with plain, traditional tiles, explore the different textures that are available and use them to create unique patterns and designs on bathroom floors and surrounding the bathtub or shower.
- Built-in Sound Systems: Do you listen to music when you shower, bathe, or simply get ready for the day? Rather than playing those tunes through your phone, install a basic sound system in your bathroom with in-wall speakers.
- Water-Efficient Toilets: Protecting our environment is becoming more and more of a concern each year. One small way you can waste less water in your home is by installing water-efficient bathroom fixtures.
- Enclosed Toilets: If space allows, enclosing your toilet by a full or half-wall is a great way to get added privacy in your bathroom.
- Matte Finishes: Matte colors are rising in popularity, and they’re great for bathroom fixtures, walls, and floors since they hide dirt and dust while creating a smooth and classy look.
- Rainfall Showers: To give your bathroom a more spa-like feel, you can forego the traditional side wall-mounted shower head and install an overhead faucet from the ceiling.
- Accent Walls: This trend has been popular with living and dining rooms for some time now, but it’s finally being adapted in bathrooms as well. Use a neutral tone on all but one wall and choose a bold, striking color for the last wall.
- Floating Sinks: If you have enough storage space in other areas of the room, you can give your bathroom a more modern look by getting rid of a traditional vanity and installing a floating sink along the wall.
Ready to bring any of these great bathroom ideas to life in your home? Johnson Lumber specializes in kitchen and bath design, and we’ve got everything you need to build a new, modern bathroom. Whether you’re working on a master bathroom or simply looking to update a small powder room, we can help you transform the space while adding value to your home. Contact us today to learn more.