Spring is just a few days away, so what better time to start thinking about your next home improvement project? If you’re debating which type of improvement to make, check out our list of helpful ideas for updating your home this season:
- Build a Deck: Adding a deck to your home is the best way to make the most out of your home’s exterior living space and get the family to spend more time outdoors.
- Make a DIY Fire Pit: Relax and enjoy those cooler spring and fall evenings with a hand-built backyard fire pit.
- Update Your Gutters: Spring is a rainy season, so having a new gutter system installed is a good way to prevent yard flooding and improve your home’s curb appeal.
- Remodel the Kitchen: Outfit your cooking space with new countertops, cabinets, and perhaps even a gorgeous stainless steel sink.
- Have Skylights Installed: Are there any rooms of your home that you wish saw more natural sunlight? Skylights are the perfect solution.
- Start a Garden: Whether you use it for planting flowers that will add color to your landscape or you always dreamed of cooking with home-grown herbs and vegetables, you can easily build your own garden bed with a few tools, lumber, and plenty of soil.
- Redo the Master Bath: Give your bathroom a spa-like feel with glossy countertops, a floating sink, a soaking tub, and new decor.
- Replace Your Windows: Your summer A/C bill is likely already higher than you’d prefer, but replacing old, drafty windows can help you save on energy costs by keeping the cool air in.
- Paint the Walls: Tired of looking at the same, boring colors your interior walls have been since you first moved in? There are plenty of new paint colors you can choose from to add some personality to each room. If you’re unsure about painting a room a completely new color but still want to change things up a bit, consider painting an accent wall instead.
Your Best Resource for Home Improvement Projects
At J.F. Johnson Lumber Company, we have just about everything you need to get your spring home projects done on any type of budget. Whether you need tools, hardware, countertops, decking materials, windows, doors, or lumber to complete home improvements this spring, we’ve got it all. Stuck in the design phase of your project? Let our design team guide you in the right direction.
Give us a call or stop by our hardware store and showroom today to get started.