There’s never a bad time of year for a kitchen remodel, so why not now? Fall is a great time to work on bettering the interior of your home, as you’ll be spending a lot more of your time inside as the weather gets colder. If you’re not sure exactly what to do with your kitchen remodel, feel free to pick and choose from our list of ideas:
- Upgrade to a Double-Sink: Tired of not having enough space to wash dishes? A double-sink is a great way to make your kitchen tasks like cleaning and cooking more efficient.
- Add Under-Cabinet Lighting: If you have mediocre lighting or high kitchen ceilings, installing lighting under the cabinets and above the countertops can give you better visibility when you’re cooking or preparing meals.
- Try Pastel Colors: For a homey and classic kitchen remodel, consider light pastel colors for cabinets or back splashes.
- Build an Island: If your space allows, have an island installed and customize it to your needs. Want more storage space? Include cabinets in the island. Need more prep space for cooking? Give it a large, smooth stone surface.
- Add a Beverage Station: This one is for those who like to indulge in a glass of wine, liquor, or beer with friends or after a long day of work. Free up space in your main refrigerator and have a small wine chiller installed in a baker’s rack or cabinetry so that you can keep your beverages and glasses in the same designated area.
- Use Open Shelving: Do you have beautiful serveware that deserves to be shown off? Wow your friends and guests by putting your prized plates, bowls, cups, and silverware on display in open shelving throughout your kitchen.
Your Resource for Kitchen Remodel Design & Materials in Maryland
Johnson Lumber has the dream team of kitchen designers and a huge selection of cabinets, sinks, hardware, countertops, and anything else you need for your kitchen remodel. We’re your best resource in Maryland for help with building your dream kitchen, so give us a call today to get started!